Thursday, December 18, 2008

destroyed black roses





I've been in romantic mood lately. And watching a lot of movies from the 20's. I really like that era because of women' attitude and fashion. With those masculine silouhettes and short hair, women would start doing more activities that were before only for men. But they would still look really feminine with their dark make-up, accessories (pearls, feathers, furs, roses, sequin, etc)

That picture from the flapper era made me want to bring back roses as an accessory. But not in a plastic, cheap or kitsch way. Something more modern, dark and feminine. I like thinking that beauty isn't perfection, but is made of those little things, small defects, characteristics that make one special, unique. That's why I wanted to give that "destroyed" touch to the roses. I'm working on different projects that would involve them, or something similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment